2012-01-30

24 Read, 977 Left

© Vladimir Shipulin
Did you manage to guess from the title what I'm talking about? I believe you did. Over a hundred literary critics worldwide chose the best books ever and put them in a list, known as 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. While I don't choose a book to read only because it's in this list, it's really helpful if I don't know what to read. I also have my own short list of the books I've read from it. Here it goes, in aplhabetical order:

  1. Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  3. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
  4. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  5. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
  6. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  7. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
  9. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  10. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
  11. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
  12. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
  13. Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
  14. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
  15. Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
  16. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  17. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  18. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  19. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  20. The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
  21. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  22. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  23. Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
  24. Zeno's Conscience by Italo Svevo
The ones I liked the most are written in bold.
I know I don't have lots of readers, but there's a few of you, and I'd really like you to tell me which books from the 1001 list you enjoyed the most and why. You can find the full list over here!

Sayonara,
Not a British Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Not So British Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review