2012-01-24

How do I overcome illnesses?

Bad news on my front - I caught a cold. As I have a weak immune system, it's not uncommon for that to happen to me during the winter period (actually, during the other seasons as well). Having lots of experience, I developed my own ways to fight against being sick and feeling bad. They're not medical, but combined with prescribed medications, work wonderfully.

Drinking green tea

© Ellen van Deelen
I've heard much about advantages of drinking green tea and while I'm not a scientist to prove them, I do feel better when I drink lots of it. It's good I like it though - if I didn't, I guess I wouldn't be enjoyng this treatment so much.



Reading

© Grzegorz Pawelak
Finally I can admit I'm a bookworm and proud! So whenever I stay in bed due to my poor health, I read what I always wanted but couldn't because of the amount of the compulsory literature. I quickly forget about myself so that's helpful!





Watching the favourite sitcom

I believe laughter is the best medicine, and hardly nothing can make me laugh more than my fave sitcom - "Friends"! That's why it's already a tradition to watch these tv series when I'm sick. It never gets boring.



Sleeping

© Anka Zhuravleva
This one should go without saying. When I sleep I don't feel bad (I dream about quite nice things usually), and, as a rule, I wake up in a better condition than I was before!







What do you do when you're sick? Or maybe you know some secrets of not getting ill in the first place? Feel free to comment!


If you're sick, get better!
Not a British Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Not So British Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review