2012-01-26

Is Chivalry Confusing Nowadays?

© Peter Kemp
One day after lessons this guy at school, let's call him Lucas, who I don't really know (we're only in the same class of history and last year we had psychology and ethics together) asked me if I wanted him to take my coat from the cloakroom. I said it would be nice of him so he did. A gentleman! But when at home, I started wondering what his intentions were. To start a conversation? To walk me home? Does he like me or something? Only later did I understand how silly I was being. It was pure chivalry. So uncommon these days that it's even confusing!
I remember when I was at the first grade of primary school and a classmate from my neighbourhood would carry my school bag home. Lovely, isn't it? His elder sister would carry his, though. Maybe that's the reason she disliked me so much. :D Back in these days (oh, I know I sound like an old woman) there was no hidden meanings. And now such gestures make a girl wonder...
While I'm all for women's rights (well, more for human rights...), I consider chivalry a positive thing if it's in the right place at the right time. It's sad you can hardly see it in our society. Or maybe it's different in the UK?

Au revoir,
Not a British Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Not So British Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review