So yesterday Gabby told me she can determine my compatibility with any guy given his date of birth (obviously, she knows mine already). Astrology... In contrast to my friend, I completely disbelieve in it, yet that seemed to end up as a funny thing. And it did. She tried about ten birthdays of various guys - the ones I really liked at some point of my life, and even some I never did. After an hour of discussions and jokes, it turned out that the ones I should have ended up with were Jaden, a classmate I had a crush on for maybe two years, or Paul, my first love (and the only one so far), who also used to be my best friend until we fucked everything up (forgive my choice of words).
 |
| © Carola Onkamo |
What have I understood, you might ask? That my disbelief is completely reasonable. As all the things Gabby said were interesting to hear, only a little was true. Personalities and interpersonal relationships are much more complicated than astrology tries to portray. Of course, many of you may argue to the contrary, but in my view, it isn't very smart of anyone to believe that the position of a certain planet when they were born can affect their relationship with other people. I choose to believe in science - in psychology, sociology, etc., I choose to believe even in accidents. I choose to be responsible for the life I live.
Take care,
Not a British Girl
0 comments:
Post a Comment