What do I want to study? What do I want to do with my life? What do I want to accomplish? A couple of years ago I thought that the future me will sort it out. Now I think the same.
Why? Because I'm overwhelmed. A while ago I convinced myself I wanted to do a degree in English. It was simplier than facing the fact that there are many other subjects I'm interested in – psychology, sociology, politics, history, film, media, graphic design, history of art, philosophy... A lot. And that haven't changed.
 |
| © Abdulmajeed Aljuhani |
What I've come to understand is that I'm not the only one feeling this way. My friends are all lost, more or less. Most of my peers actually are. And when I look at these older people who should set a good example for us... they don't. My mom wanted to study architecture, she ended up studying building engineering, and now she works as the head of cuisine. My aunt says she still wouldn't know what she'd like to study if she was back in time. My previous maths teacher wanted to study fashion design and my current maths teacher could be a poet. My Russian teacher only went to study Russian because there was little competition and my previous geography teacher dreamed of becoming a dental technician.
We're all in the same boat. Just a small amount of youngsters know what they want to do, and that's mostly because they suck everywhere else. No worries. Sooner or later, we're all gonna find it out. And even if we don't... There's a hell of the world out there. People live their lives and enjoy it. Why wouldn't we?
Cheerio,
Not a British Girl
0 comments:
Post a Comment