What university to choose for your studies? It's not an easy decision to make, but we all have to. I was struggling until I set my priorities, and then it got quite easy. When choosing where to apply I considered these factors:
- Rankings. If I was to study at an average university, I wouldn't be coming to the UK at all. So I checked the overall and subject rankings and made sure I don't apply to universities with poor academic performance.
- Location. I can't imagine myself living in a small town. That's just so not me. Therefore I automatically eliminated all the universities that are located in towns or cities smaller than the one I live in now.
- Course structure. The same course's contents can vary greatly at different universities. I analysed them all and picked what I liked most.
- Living costs. As I've earlier mentioned in this blog, I'll have to maintain myself while studying, so I didn't want to choose a place where I couldn't get by.
- Overall impression. It's not easy to tell which university is the nicest judging only by pictures and videos, but they did help. Comments on such sites as The Student Room were also useful.
Based on these, my final quintet is:
The University of York
The University of Glasgow
The University of Leicester
The University of Edinburgh
The University of Aberdeen
My favourites must be York and Glasgow, it's going to be hard to choose between these two if I get reasonable offers from them both. So I kinda hope one of them will reject me. :D
What did you consider when applying and what universities have you chosen?
Take care,
Not a British Girl
Take care,
Not a British Girl
0 comments:
Post a Comment